Application for Membership
Applicants should complete an application and forward to the Executive Director and Board of Directors requesting consideration for membership. The Application should clearly identify the type of membership the agency is seeking, and it will be reviewed by the Executive Committee and recommended for approval by a majority vote of the Board.
Membership Categories and Dues
Membership Categories and Annual Dues are recommended by the Board of Directors and approved by the Membership annually. The following dues levels were recommended by the Board of Directors and approved by the NMBHPA membership in May 2018. Annual Dues apply to the Fiscal Year, July 1 – June 30, and are invoiced to members and due July 15 of each year. Members may select an option for a partial payment in July and October. Members who join after December 1, will have prorated dues based on the number of months remaining through June.
The Association recognizes four types of membership. All members must be actively involved in providing publicly funded behavioral health care in New Mexico.
- Organization Membership (Voting Member)The Executive Directors, CEO, or President or his/her designee of Behavioral Health Organizations or group private practices offering behavioral health or integrated health care including behavioral health in New Mexico. One vote per organizational membership. Dues are tiered based on annual behavioral health revenue.
Annual Revenue Annual Dues < $1,000,000 $675.00 $1,000,000 to $4,999,999 $2,025.00 $5,000,000 to $9,999,999 $2,700.00 > $10,000,000 $3,375.00
- Professional Association Membership (Voting Member)Designated representative of health professional associations that support the objectives of the NMBHPA. One vote per membership. Dues are tiered based on association membership level.
Members Annual Dues < 201 $675.00 201 to 400 $2,025.00 401 to 600 $2,700.00 > 600 $3,375.00
- Individual Affiliate membership (Non-voting Member)Licensed Behavioral Health Professionals practicing in an individual capacity including group practices. Affiliate members receive all membership benefits except voting in regular business of the Association.Dues: $202.50 annually per individual.
- Business Associate Membership (Non-voting Member)Business and/or government organizations interested in supporting the Mission and activities of the Provider Association. Associate members have full access to the Provider Associations’ website and membership list.Dues $2,025.00 Annually per organization.
- Other MembershipsOther classes and conditions of membership in The Association may be recommended by the Board of Directors and established by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of Full Members.
The Benefits Of Association Membership
- Members Only access to blog for answering questions, raising issues, sharing expertise, and gaining colleague support.
- Access to state and MCO entities through established communication and problem-solving processes.
- Opportunity to set the agenda and have a strong representative provider voice.
- Opportunity to be a vehicle for positive change.