The Behavioral Health Providers’ Association of New Mexico is a professional membership organization working to ensure that behavioral health providers share a unified voice in advocating for their clients and services in New Mexico.
The NMBHPA is a non-profit trade association of behavioral health entities providing publicly funded behavioral health care in New Mexico. Led by a 15-member Board of Directors and a staff Executive Director and representing various types of providers (agencies, individual practitioners, group practice plans, and professional associations) the NMBHPA provides behavioral health policy and legislative advocacy, and continuous system improvement.
August 31, 2018
NOTE: No Friday update next week, September 7. Will return on September 14.
Dear Members, All postings are listed by category on the right side of any of the main pages.
Recent News Events – new postings
Santa Fe Recovery Center is announcing the opening of their new Extended Residential Treatment Center for Substance Use Disorders, and OPRE ‘s Roundup has a lot of information regarding job openings and upcoming CEU opportunities. (Please ignore formatting lines in both of these announcements.)
We have confirmed our monthly, 3rd Monday from 10-12 noon provider meeting schedule with state agencies and the quarterly joint meeting with state agencies and MCO’s.
The next State Agency Provider meeting is September 17, and the next Joint Provider, MCO and State agency meeting is October 15. Both are listed in this posting. We send agenda items to the State one week before each scheduled meeting so be sure to contact me or a Board member if you have something to put on the agenda.
Also all MCO Provider forums are scheduled for September 27 and October 25, see postings for Zoom and other call in information. November and December 4th Thursdays conflict with the holidays so we will make new plans at our next meeting for the holiday schedule.
State, Regional and National News
New posting: National Council Capitol Connector this week describes Senate passage of 2019 Health Appropriations.
Have a happy holiday weekend. Maggie
The NMBHPA contributes to ongoing behavioral health system improvements in a leadership role. Some of our activities in FY 2018 have included:
- Supporting and participating in health home development, integrated care education and learning.
- Joining the Medicaid Advisory Committee as a regular member
- Addressing escalating Health Insurance costs for member organizations and their staff through legislative testimony.
- Hosting a Roundtable discussion with national leaders from the Child Welfare League of America on building partnerships and collaboration for child and youth services
- Participating on the UNM Workforce Development Project
- Co-hosting a Gubernatorial Candidate Forum with the Association for Developmental Disability Community Providers and the New Mexico Health Care Association.