The Behavioral Health Providers’ Association of New Mexico is a professional membership organization working to ensure that behavioral health providers share a unified voice in advocating for their clients and services in New Mexico.
The NMBHPA is a non-profit trade association of behavioral health entities providing publicly funded behavioral health care in New Mexico. Led by a 15-member Board of Directors and a staff Executive Director and representing various types of providers (agencies, individual practitioners, group practice plans, and professional associations) the NMBHPA provides behavioral health policy and legislative advocacy, and continuous system improvement.
May 18 Friday Update
Dear Members; .
We have posted the upcoming 4th Thursday MCO/Provider Forums. Please check the postings frequently as the information is updated often and may change. Note that the Presbyterian/Magellan Forum at 3 p.m. will focus on Placement issues for diagnostic groups. Pres is having trouble finding RTC, Group Home and TFC placements. Providers representing RTC, group homes and TFC are strongly encouraged to attend with clinical leadership.
Also updated this week is the National Council Capital Connector, and a message in Recent News Items from Wayne Lindstrom Suicide Risk: Recommended Standard published by the Action Alliance.
We have a good turnout planned for the Annual Meeting on Monday May 21. We will broadcast the meeting starting at 1 p.m. via Zoom. The Zoom information is on the agenda in Upcoming Events. And the program will include an exciting announcement.
Have a great weekend and see you Monday. Maggie
The NMBHPA contributes to ongoing behavioral health system improvements in a leadership role. Some of our activities in FY 2018 have included:
- Supporting and participating in health home development, integrated care education and learning.
- Joining the Medicaid Advisory Committee as a regular member
- Addressing escalating Health Insurance costs for member organizations and their staff through legislative testimony.
- Hosting a Roundtable discussion with national leaders from the Child Welfare League of America on building partnerships and collaboration for child and youth services
- Participating on the UNM Workforce Development Project
- Co-hosting a Gubernatorial Candidate Forum with the Association for Developmental Disability Community Providers and the New Mexico Health Care Association.