The Behavioral Health Providers’ Association of New Mexico is a professional membership organization working to ensure that behavioral health providers share a unified voice in advocating for their clients and services in New Mexico.
The NMBHPA is a trade association of behavioral health entities providing publicly funded behavioral health care in New Mexico. Led by a 15-member Board of Directors and a staff Executive Director and representing various types of providers (agencies, individual practitioners, group practice plans, and professional associations) the NMBHPA provides behavioral health policy and legislative advocacy, and continuous system improvements.
June 24th, 2019
The Behavioral Health (BH) Medicaid Fee Schedule has been updated. Please review it here: https://www.hsd.state.nm.us/uploads/FileLinks/e7cfb008157f422597cccdc11d2034f0/BH_Fees.pdf
Our monthly MCO Provider Forums will be on Thursday, June 27th. Please email any MCO issues, including specific billing and reimbursement issues, to Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NMBHPA contributes to ongoing behavioral health system improvements in a leadership role. Some of our activities in FY 2018 have included:
- Supporting and participating in health home development, integrated care education and learning.
- Joining the Medicaid Advisory Committee as a regular member
- Addressing escalating Health Insurance costs for member organizations and their staff through legislative testimony.
- Hosting a Roundtable discussion with national leaders from the Child Welfare League of America on building partnerships and collaboration for child and youth services
- Participating on the UNM Workforce Development Project
- Co-hosting a Gubernatorial Candidate Forum with the Association for Developmental Disability Community Providers and the New Mexico Health Care Association.